Mists: The Good, the Bad and the Dead

Front page news

Mists: The Good, the Bad and the Dead

Postby Agzarah » August 4th, 2014, 6:27 pm

Well, Mists of Pandaria is pretty much over now and its been a tough one
From the very start this expansion we as a guild have had a somewhat tough time. We finished Cataclysm in a very strong place with a solid raiding team heading into the new world and all was looking good for us. Then out of nowhere we seemed to lose half of our dps and every other raid we missed either a tank or a healer. Times were tough and at one point even I had an Alt helping our main squad progress! that right, ME with an ALT, RAIDING... that's how bad it was

Things weren't looked great and we didn't even manage to clear all of the opening content. MSV was complete and pretty much on farm, but HoF was causing problems in the forms of Amber shaper and Grand Empress Gary and ToeS didn't even get a looking.

Along came ToT. As with the first Tier we alternated Tanks almost daily and got well and truly stuck on the 2nd Boss, Horridon.
What felt like an eternity passed and horridon was still standing and was showing no signs of sitting down, let alone dying. then BOOM one day he died. Seeing us get our kill blizz decided to take action and nerf the pants off of him, and then again 3 more times. (I guess they wanted to make sure we got past him consistently)
With the fall of this giant dinosaur we managed to hold onto a couple of tanks and rotate between only 3 (not twelve) but instead lost most of our healers. We managed a couple more kills and each week bashed out a new boss or two in some cases, even if tortos was still causing many silly wipes all the time. Eventually our healers returned and despite our very slow start we managed to pull through and kill Lei Shen and earn our selves the Ahead of the Curve achievement! We tried our hand at some heroics but due to our slow start SoO was hot on our heals and didn't leave much time at all for practise.

Bring on the Siege. Our main team was back and we were strong and looking solid, bosses were dying and we looked invincible again. We had a few headaches along the way but once they fell, they continued to just lie down for us. Then as to be expected by now we lost our MT and we were back to square one of cycling through twelve alts in order to get a full team and then as usual our healers fell due to sickness and other RL commitments. All was looking bleak and Garrosh was all that was left.
After sometime we finally got our team back together and we blaster through and nailed the bugger earning our second Ahead of the Curve for the expansion and opening heroics.

And then summer happened

While it may look and sound like a disaster of an expansion, and it is true that our raiding team was plagued with Pc problems/illness/work commitments and some people leaving we still managed to clear the final two tiers of the expansion in their entirety before the nerfs were dealt and the majority of the first - And that is something to be proud of!
Just imagine what we can do with a full team in Warlords of Draenor!
If it cant be worn as a hat, then what's it for?
Agzarah
Guild Master

Re: Mists: The Good, the Bad and the Dead

Postby Agzarah » August 6th, 2014, 2:51 pm

Also - could people please send me a message with their possible raiding intentions for WoD.
A simple "yes i will be raiding" or similar will suffice, Class and Role aren't essential but would be nice if you're pretty confident in what you wanna play
Agzarah
Guild Master

Postby Poolfoxie » August 7th, 2014, 9:16 pm

I didnt help in killing any bosses
I didnt log on all that much
i wasnt checking forums
God there even where times i had forgatten about WoW

But reading this makes me feel like i was right there.
I can feel the struggle you guys had going through all this new content.
How hard it must have been to keep people motivated
To keep finding new players so the raid could keep going on

Agz you sound like Mel Gibson in Braveheart!

I love it!

On that note. Im lvling the first character i made 6 years back (poolvosje)
and i am intending to start raiding again Draenor land!

So see ya'll on the battlefield!
Poolfoxie
F'shurrre

Postby Agzarah » August 8th, 2014, 1:39 pm

it was difficult indeed, and i think there was a lot of frustration amongst those who turned up every week, and for those who wanted to but just couldn't for RL reasons.

This Expansions highs and lows goes to prove how awesome us Dotts are and how we have survived through each and every expansion and will continue to do so - Old members and new :)
Agzarah
Guild Master

Postby Tylos » August 8th, 2014, 2:43 pm

I am deeply sorry for my absence..
OTT LEGACY: RETURN OF THE OFF-TANK
Tylos
Off Tank

Postby Agzarah » August 8th, 2014, 2:47 pm

It's OK Guido, it was MT's we lacked :p hehe
Agzarah
Guild Master

Postby Tylos » August 8th, 2014, 2:48 pm

Agzarah wrote:It's OK Guido, it was MT's we lacked :p hehe

GAH! *flips table* :wah:
OTT LEGACY: RETURN OF THE OFF-TANK
Tylos
Off Tank

Postby Agzarah » August 8th, 2014, 2:55 pm

:D
Agzarah
Guild Master

Postby Bas » August 11th, 2014, 10:01 am

My pov:

I didn't like the first tier of raids at all and RL got into the way this tier as well so I can't really say much about that.

ToT was pretty good. It had some fun mechanics (though I still occasionally wake up screaming at night kicking turtles in my nightmares). Durumu, Ji-Kun and Dark Animus were fun too and of course the snail trash. Lei Shen was a bitch but worthy boss to end the tier. It was nice to get him down before the tier ended.

We had an exceptional start in SoO, especially since we went from 3 days to 2 days in normal. Flex was just awesome, it was great practice as well as giving "casuals" a chance to raid. The guild was very active and with some alt runs in ToT, we raided 4 days a week. Garrosh turned out to be pretty tough but we managed to down him quite quickly too.
When we moved on to heroics, the raiding team was a bit unstable due to various reasons. The server's population was declining fast so finding pugs was hard. Blizzard was imo way too slow with making normal and heroic available to cross-realm, if they had fixed that earlier, I think we could have made much better progress.

"Summer" started earlier compared to other years. I think the high amount of raids being cancelled (due to lack of pugs) and the fact that flex is exactly the same as normal (tactics wide) are the blame to people getting bored of content early.

Overall, I think that raids were a bit harder compared to last expansion, which is not necessary a bad thing.
Why? Because fuck you, that's why.

Battle tag: branikald#2797.
Bas
Daddy Bas

Postby Agzarah » August 11th, 2014, 6:42 pm

I forgot we went down to 2 days a week progression. that makes us even more awesome.
Also, I completely read RL as raid leader :( meanie bas
Agzarah
Guild Master

Next

Return to News